These are mostly class projects from grad school that were never published. I’m listing them here for my own nostalgia and just in case they’re useful to someone.
- A Theoretical and Experimental Analysis of the Acoustic Guitar
- Automatically recognizing picking location and a look into natural harmonics and tuning systems.
- Eric Battenberg, May 2009
- An Interior-Point Newton Algorithm for Non-negative Matrix Factorization
- A Netwton step barrier method for non-negative matrix factorization is proposed and applied to audio source separation.
- Eric Battenberg, Dec 2008
- Parallelizing Audio Feature Extraction Using an Automatically-Partitioned Streaming Dataflow Language
- An attempt to use StreamIt for spectral feature extraction.
- Eric Battenberg and Mark Murphy, May 2008
- Calculating Musical Rhythm Similarity
- A method for comparing rhythms using self-similarity.
- Eric Battenberg, Dec 2007
- Optimizing the Hearing Aid Musical Experience
- Parameters of a multi-band compressor are tuned using a user-calibrated subjective parameter space.
- Eric Battenberg, May 2007
- A New Method for Calculating Music Similarity
- Hidden Markov models and spectral fluctuation patterns are used to calculate a distance measure between songs.
- Eric Battenberg and Vijay Ullal, Dec 2006
- A System for Automatic Cell Segmentation of Bacterial Microscopy Images
- Various image processing and computer vision techniques are used to segment individual bacteria cells in a microscope image.
- Eric Battenberg and Ilka Bischofs-Pfeifer, Aug 2006
- Sparse Signal Representation
- Image Compression Using Sparse Bayesian Learning.
- Eric Battenberg, Vijay Ullal, and Galen Reeves, May 2006